Pixel8 Case Study - Rota Leeds Launch - Attracting Applicants And Securing New Members Via Targeted Advertising And Organic Search.
Rota launched in 2015, with the sole aim of efficiently matching a readily available suitable workforce to unfulfilled shifts within the hospitality and catering industry. Their model works by connecting venues to quality staff via an Uber-esque mobile/app model that provides a seamless experience and better quality output for workers and partner venues.
Rota usage and momentum has gathered pace within London, Manchester and Birmingham, and with their new launch into Leeds, they came to pixel8 to support them with super targeted paid media campaigns to drive new member sign ups.
45-days from planning to completion.
Strategy, design, web development, on-page SEO, content marketing, Facebook advertising, PPC, conversion rate optimisation.
Our aim was to drive quality new member sign ups in Leeds via digital advertising and natural search rankings. Upon successful completion on the onboarding day, applicants were then placed across hospitality and catering roles in partner venues including The Tetley, Leeds United and Canal Mills.
We started this project with a full review of existing digital marketing channels to gauge the best strategy to convert. The project was split in 3 directions, PPC to target members who were in the mindset for new work opportunities, Facebook advertising to spark awareness, and then drive consideration and conversion via retargeting, plus onsite SEO enhancements to increase organic search opportunities.
PPC campaigns were managed to achieve the highest conversion rate for the most efficient cost per acquisition. Facebook target demographic research divided Leeds prospects into 3 key groups: Hospitality Professionals, Students, and Money Seeking Millennials. Facebook campaigns were catered for each audience with copy and graphics and each ad set was refined depending on the engagement and interaction at the awareness stage.
We also planned, produced and distributed a longform blog via the website. Not only was this a valuable resource for targets, but with longtail keywords, organic search opportunities were available for those seeking information on flexible work in Leeds.
All campaigns required constant monitoring and optimisation to define the most efficient converting channel based on cost per application and was refined to achieve the most effective return on investment for the client.
- 127 live Rota staff members in Leeds
- Total Campaign Impressions: 480,839
- Total Clicks: 7,444
- Average Click Through Rate: 1.55%
- Average Cost per Click: £0.36p
- Total Conversions: 159
- Average Conversion Rate: 2.14%
- Average Cost per Conversion: £16.83p
- Page one, top 3 natural search results across various UK wide and Leeds based keyphrase searches.
- The average Click Through Rate for Facebook campaigns was 1.01%. This is 72% above the industry average for Facebook Ads in the employment sector.
Like what you see here? Take at look at more of our recent digital marketing projects below.
- Eastland's Trust - Ready for Rio - Driving People Of Manchester To Use National Sports Facilities.
- Hilton Hotels UK - A Tale Of Three Cities - Seducing International Luxury Travellers To Visit The British Isles.
- Hilton Hotels UK - Fans of London - Inspiring People To Visit London And Stay With Hilton Hotels.
- HSBC UK National Cycling Centre And Eastland’s Trust - Raising Awareness And Driving Bookings For New Mountain Biking Programme For Women.
Laurus Homes and Wates construction joined together to create a new Joint Venture housing development to regenerate a discussed commercial site on Manchester Road, Trafford. As a new JV, the development required a new brand identity to set it apart, and also to express the premium proposition and ...